Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What It's Like Wednesday #5... Life on Repeat

"How long have I been with you guys?" He snuggles up on my lap, ready for a story. 1 year 8 months and 3 weeks.

...
Three weeks longer than anywhere else. What I don't say... one more day than yesterday, or the day before or the day before that.  Life with M is a thousand little things everyday. Little things repeated. Over and over and over. Some days I wonder will it ever stop. Some days I know that he just needs to know that it's real. That it's forever.
Years of inconsistency. Years of moving from home to home. Leave him wondering and waiting. When will the other shoe drop? How do I make him understand? The shoes are gone. I kiss his beautiful face. Squeeze his little body. And hope. Hope that fear will melt away. Hope that he will understand forever.

I am linking up here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your Thoughts?

Sharing is Caring