Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What It's Really Like Wednesday #7

It is

...the answer to my prayers and the cause of a million more.

...a roller coaster. Up one minute, elated and thrilled. Down the next hoping it won't stay their forever.

...a face consuming smile at successes and the heart numbing disappointment of failures.

...pride at him as he holds the door open for anyone who will walk through and embarrassment at yet another phone call from the school.

...laughter and joy.

...frustration and heartache.

...confidence in a well made decision and constantly questioning - Am I doing this right?

...reading every book and attending every class.

...talking until I am blue in the face. And not making a dent.

...faith that I am making a difference. Even if I can't see it yet.

...flying a plane without being a pilot.

...anger at other people's children for their unkind behavior and knowing that some of it was earned.

...therapy sessions and vacations.

...basking in praise and squirming under judgmental scrutiny.

...a heart raw with pain and full of love.

...good days and bad days.

...listening to other horror stories and being thankful you don't have it as bad as that.

...telling your horror stories and knowing that people are grateful it isn't them.

...longing for more and questioning my sanity.

...always at a loss.

...real.

...sloppy kisses and giant bear hugs.

...bedtime stories and questions about an unknown past.

...forever and ever and ever.

...
Today was a rough day. It would make me feel so much better to hear about your lives and what it is really like for you.


Linking up here
http://www.joyfocusedlearning.com/2014/03/anything-goes-16.html

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you've heard it before, but.... we all know the Lord habd-picked you and your sweet hubby for M. The Lord has lovingly spared him from a possible abusive situation with parents who don't know God, prayer, patience....and those who dont have the wisdom to keep taking classes! Stay strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he picked us for him and him for us. And I am so grateful for it! (even on the worst days) :)

      Delete
  2. As an adoptive mom, I can relate to all of these things. And eight years in, I can tell you, it will get better. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hope! After 2 years, I can already see so much improvement, sometimes in the moment it is easy to forget. I just have to keep reminding myself that it will get better, just as it has been getting everyday. :)

      Delete

What are your Thoughts?

Sharing is Caring