Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Book Review

I just finished A Draw of Kings : The Staff and The Sword by Patrick W. Carr. I am a fan of fantasy fiction and was looking forward to reading this book. Unfortunately, it was not at all what I was hoping for. Fantasy fiction is often complicated with lots of characters, worlds and story lines. This makes sense because it is not a known world/realm. This book was no exception, but I found that it was not only complicated it was tediously so at times.
I considered stopping several times at the start of the book. But pressed on because I was given the book for the express purpose of reviewing it. Things improved as the story unfolded and I began to acclimate to it's rhythm. By the end of the book I was interested in the outcome and was enjoying the book. Overall, I feel that while it did pick up speed and I did enjoy the book, I was not overwhelmed by it's awesomeness. It was ok. Not fantastic. Not terrible. Ok. And in my humble opinion, when a book is 457 pages long it should be a little better than ok.

(This book was provided by Bethany House Publishers for the purpose of review)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your Thoughts?

Sharing is Caring